Eyelash Extension Care 101
How to Take Care of Eyelash Extensions
It took a lot of work to get your lashes done. Follow these steps to make them last.
· Do not perm or tint lashes after lash extension application.
· Do not use a regular eyelash curler to curl Extensions (you won't need to curl your extensions).
· Do not rub your eyes or lashes when washing your face. Clean around the eyes with a wash cloth.
· Do not pull your lash extensions, as it will take out your own lash as well!
· Do not go in a Sauna while wearing Eyelash Extensions for at least for 48hrs. Do not get them wet at all for 24hrs.
Love Your Eyelash Extensions and They Will Love You
· If you choose to wear mascara - only apply to the tips and use water-based mascara that washes off easily.
· Do not try to remove the Extensions on your own, call Diverse Roots Salon and we will remove them without harming your natural lashes.
· Do not cut the Extensions (you may cut your own lashes).
· Clean your eye make-up, but be gentle with your Extensions.
· Remember to come in for touch ups (2-4 weeks).
· Never tug, twist, pick or pull at your lashes or extensions.
· Treat your eyes gently - as if you have makeup on that you don't want to smudge.
Eyelash Extensions Will Last Longer if You Take Care of Them Properly
· Brush and groom your lashes gently with a disposable mascara spoolie or eye shadow brush (best choice).
· Try to sleep on your back or side, avoid smashing your lashes completely as you sleep.
· When using night creams/serums, apply sparingly and blot off excess.
· When you touch your lashes, always use upward, sweeping motions - no side to side rubbing at the lash line.
· Keep your fingers off your lashes. Everytime you touch them you are transferring natural oil and germs